"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - H.D. Thoreau

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Welcome to Boom Thwack Boom

Right now, as I’m writing this, I have no honest understanding of what this site will become. My hope is that this will evolve into a site where I (and perhaps, later on, others – I’m not ruling anything out right now) talk about things like sports, culture, politics, and other pertinent topics.

Actually, I’m not really sure what I’m going to talk about. I’m going to let time dictate it, as it will. I find that the things that fascinate and confuse me in this world change on a day to day basis. This will be, I hope, a way for me to intellectualize and explore that world, hopefully in a readable and not-at-all-confusing manner.

I can’t make any promises, but I’m hoping [fingers crossed] that whatever I do decide to talk about on this site, I won’t half-ass. Like Steve Martin once sang in a “Saturday Night Live” sketch, “I’m not gonna phone it in tonight, not gonna go through the motions tonight.” That said, I’m not just talking about tonight. I’m talking about what will be [looks at calendar] at least two solid days of effort, easily.

So, enjoy. Hopefully, I’ll give you reasons to.

No comments: